- 2017.12.20: Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 - 15.6.30394 update is available from Software Center (Windows). Current Adobe Acrobat DC users will automatically receive this update.
- 2017.12.14: CyBox vs LSS comparison.
- 2017.12.13: If you need data storage space for your research data, the Research IT provides LSS service for faculty and staff. Detail information can be found from https://researchit.las.iastate.edu/large-scale-storage-lss.
- 2017.12.08: R-3.4.3 is available from Self Service (Mac) or can be downloaded from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/.
- 2017.12.06: R-3.4.3 is available from Software Center (Windows) or can be downloaded from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/.
- 2017.12.02 (revised on 2018.1.2): Adobe Acrobat Pro license update: (for ISU owned computers)
For Windows users: (if you already use Adobe Acrobat DC, please skip step #2 and proceed to step #3.)
- Open “Software Center” from “Start->All Programs->Microsoft System Center” (Windows 7) or “Start->Microsoft System Center” (Windows 10)
- In the “Applications” tab, select “Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 Classic – 15.6.30394” and then click “Install”. This will upgrade your current Adobe Acrobat XI Pro to Adobe Acrobat DC. Wait until the installation is finished then following the #3 instruction below.
- In the “Applications” tab, select “Adobe Creative Cloud Serialization Tool – Reserialize Creative Cloud” and the click “Install”.
- Your Adobe Acrobat Pro is now upgraded to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro with newer license #.
For Mac uses: (if you already use Adobe Acrobat DC, please skip step #2 & #3 and then proceed to step #4.)
- Open “Self Service” from “/Applications” or “Launchpad”
- Search “Acrobat Pro DC” and you will see “Adobe ETLA – Acrobat Pro DC 17.012.20093_Install for 10.9+”
- Click “INSTALL” to install the newer version of Acrobat Pro DC
- After the installation, click the “Featured” category from Self Service and then click “UPDATE” on “Reserialize Adobe Creative Cloud”.
- This will apply the new license to the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- 2017.11.30: (Critical) For macOS 10.13/10.13.1 users only, there is a large security flaw on macOS 10.13.x which will allow to login with "root" without password. (see https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/28/astonishing-os-x-bug-lets-anyone-log-i... for detail). Please apply the Apple Security Update 2017-001 ASAP. (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208315 for detail). If file sharing is not working after applying Security Update 2017-001, please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208317 on how to fix it. For macOS 10.13 user, please upgrade to 10.13.1 first before applying the security update.
- 2017.11.22: Bitvise SSH Client 7.35 is available from Software Center (Win). For current users, the 7.35 update version will be automatically applied.
- 2017.11.15: Canvas Update:
- Blackboard access ends on January 5, 2018.
- Equations created by Blackboard's built-in equation editor may not have imported properly into Canvas.
- Options to transfer equations appropriately to Canvas:
- Submit requests by November 22 by noon via Extensive Equation Course Rebuild Request web form.
- Export a Blackboard quiz that contains equations as a QTI file, see Export/Import Quizzes and Files from Past Enrollment Courses web guide.
- Use LaTex to copy and paste equations from LaTex into Canvas, see Math Equation Instructinos for Canvas webpage.
- Use MathType to migrate materials from Blackboard into Canvas, see Math Equation Instructinos for Canvas webpage.
- Training and Tutorials: visit the MyCanvas Teacher at ISU website.
- 24/7 Canvas Support: Canvas offers 24/7 support options listed in the ? Help icon on the Global Navigation to the far left or call the Canvas Support Line (which includes how-to assistance) call 515-294-4000 then press 2, press 1.
- 2017.11.10: If you received "Adobe Creative Cloud license will be expired on Nov. 30", please run Adobe Serialization Tool from
- Windows: "Adobe Creative Cloud Serialization Tool - Reserialize Creative Cloud" from "Software Center"
- Mac: "Reserialize Adobe Creative Cloud" from "Self Service".
- 2017.11.09: JMP 13.2.1 is available from "Software Center" (Windows). JMP 13.2 is available from "Self Service" (Mac).
- 2017.11.07: SAS 9.4 TS1M5 and JMP 12.2 are available from "Software Center" (Windows).
- 2017.10.31: R-3.4.2, MacTeX 2017, and TeXShop 3.88 are available from "Self Service" (Mac).
- 2017.10.12: MatLab R2017b, R-3.4.2, and RStudio-1.1.383 are available from "Software Center" (Windows).
- 2017.07.24: Due to security concern, Mac computers running macOS Sierra 10.12.x (not 10.12.6) is scheduled to be upgraded to 10.12.6 on July 28th at 5:00pm for all Mac computers owned by ISU on the STAT department. The upgrade can be performed manually from the Self Service under "Operating System" category too.
- New setup instructions for GGobi for Mac.
- Map CyBox folder can be done by installing Box Drive app. Details can be found in CyBox.