Graduates with a B.S. degree in Statistics will be:
- able to design observational studies and experiments in order to collect data efficiently.
- able to analyze data arising from observational studies and experiments in order to help answer questions about the world around them.
- able to use modern statistical computing to aid in the collection and analysis of data.
- able to understand the mathematical and theoretical basis for probability and statistical inference.
- able to effectively communicate statistical findings using oral, visual and written formats.
- aware of ethical issues associated with data collection, analysis and communicating statistical findings.