To obtain a consultation:
- Make an appointment online (Your computer must be either directly connected to ISU campus network or connect to ISU VPN first.) (you should be contacted within 48 hours)
Government and non-project organizations in the local community can request statistical consulting through Statistics in the Community (StatCom), a student-based community outreach program that serves local communities throughout the nation. For researchers interested in developing and analyzing surveys, please see the Survey & Behavioral Research Services (SBRS) and the Center for Survey Statistics & Methodology (CSSM).
What we do:
- research design, sample size calculations
- choosing statistical methods
- use of statistical computing packages (R, SAS, and some JMP) to analyze data
- interpretation of results
What we do not do:
- help with your statistics homework: please see your course TA.
- last minute projects with short deadlines – it is the responsibility of the researcher to provide ample time for statistical analysis – depending on the complexity of the problem and the current workload, a few weeks may be required.
College-specific consulting services
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences: please make an appointment
- College of Business:College of Business: contact Geoffrey Thompson (email@example.com) or stop by Gerdin 3122 1-4 TWF
- College of Engineering: please make an appointment
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: please make an appointment
- College of Veterinary Medicine: please contact Ju Ji (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Other colleges: please make an appointment (support depends on current consulting load)