To obtain a consultation:
- Make an appointment online (you should be contacted within 48 hours)
Government and non-project organizations in the local community can request statistical consulting through Statistics in the Community (StatCom), a student-based community outreach program that serves local communities throughout the nation. For researchers interested in developing and analyzing surveys, please see the Survey & Behavioral Research Services (SBRS) and the Center for Survey Statistics & Methodology (CSSM).
What we do:
- research design, sample size calculations
- choosing statistical methods
- use of statistical computing packages (R, SAS, and some JMP) to analyze data
- interpretation of results
What we do not do:
- help with your statistics homework: please see your course TA.
- last minute projects with short deadlines – it is the responsibility of the researcher to provide ample time for statistical analysis – depending on the complexity of the problem and the current workload, a few weeks may be required.
College-specific consulting services
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences: please make an appointment
- College of Business:College of Business: contact Geoffrey Thompson (email@example.com) or stop by Gerdin 3122 1-4 TWF
- College of Engineering: please make an appointment
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: please make an appointment
- College of Veterinary Medicine: please contact Ju Ji (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Other colleges: please make an appointment (support depends on current consulting load)