The department operates several public labs in the building.
- Snedecor 1105 is our 2nd largest computer lab. The machines are Wyse thin clients that connect to VDI pool. The lab consists of (44) machines, (2) printers, and an instructor station with a thin client, laptop connection, and a document camera (Elmo).Due to the size of the room there is no projector but each set of (2) lab computers has a 22″ monitor that displays the instructor machine as well as 3 large screen hanging monitors.
- Snedecor 1207 is our JMP lab. The machines are Wyse thin clients that connect to our lab Terminal Servers. The lab consists of (11) machines and a printer.
- Snedecor 3121 is our (35) seat computer lab. The machines are Wyse thin clients that connect to our lab Terminal Servers. The lab consists of (35) machines, ceiling mounted projector,(1) printer, and an instructor station with a desktop PC, laptop connection, and a document camera (Elmo).
- Gilman 2272 Is our largest lab which consists of (66) Wyse thin clients that connect to VDI pool and (3) printers for students. The room has dual ceiling mounted projectors, and a document camera (Elmo) and a Dell PC w/ Windows 7 for the instructor. ELO operates additional equipment for distance courses.
- Terminal Servers:
The Terminal Servers that power our labs are composed of three machines
- If you are off campus you will need the Cisco VPN client connected to ISU.
- The Terminal server will disconnect an idle session after 1 hour of inactivity.
- The Terminal server will log off all sessions that have been disconnected for 2 hours.
The labs all have the same software,
- These labs are open to the public when not in use by classes.
- Gilman 2272 is open M-F from 7 AM to 10:00 PM.
- The labs in Snedecor are open when the building is open unless there is a class in session.
- Statistics Grad students have access to the labs after hours using their key cards.
- If a machine is logged in please find another one. If there are no others then it is permissible to log the person off or restart the thin client.