- Mack Shelley, Larry Yore, and Brian Hand (Eds.), Quality Research in Literacy and Science Education: International Perspectives and Gold Standards. (Dordrecht, NL: Springer, 2009, xxix + 666 pp.).
- Mack Shelley, Selahattin Alan, and İsmail Çelik (Eds.), International Conference on Education in Mathematics, Science & Technology Proceeding Book: ICEMST 2016, May 19-22, 2016, Bodrum, Turkey. (http://2016.icemst.com/ICEMST2016_Proceeding_Book.pdf?rnd=856832319, 1181 pp.).
- Mack Shelley and Wenyu Su, “Effects of Student-Level and School-Level Characteristics on the Quality and Equity of Mathematics Achievement in the United States: Using Factor Analysis and Hierarchical Linear Models to Inform Education Policy,” pp. 145-161 in Bill Atweh, Mellony Graven, Walter Secada, and Paola Valero (Eds.), Mapping Equity and Quality in Mathematics Education. (Dordrecht, NL: Springer (2011).
- Emily Schoerning, Brian Hand, Mack Shelley, and William Therrien, “Language, Access, and Power in the Elementary Science Classroom,” Science Education, 99(2), 238–259 (2015). DOI: 10.1002/sce.21154.
- J. D. Pruetz, P. Bertolani, K. Boyer Ontl, S. Lindshield, M. Shelley, and E. G. Wessling, “New evidence on the tool-assisted hunting exhibited by chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes verus) in a savannah habitat at Fongoli, Sénégal” Royal Society Open Science (April 15, 2015; DOI: 10.1098/rsos.140507; http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/2/4/140507)
- Sarah L. Francis, Ashleigh VanHauen, Jennifer Margrett, Mack Shelley, and Warren Franke, “Predictors of physical activity self-efficacy change for rural-residing older adults,” The FASEB [Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology] Journal, 28(1), 1021.9 (2015).
- Marcia Laugerman, Diane Rover, Mack Shelley, Steve Mickelson, “Determining Graduation Rates in Engineering for Community College Transfer Students Using Data Mining,” International Journal of Engineering Education 31(6A), 1448–1457 (2015).
- Marcia Laugerman, Diane Rover, Steve Mickelson, and Mack Shelley, “Estimating Survival Rates in Engineering for Community College Transfer Students Using Grades in Calculus and Physics,” International Journal of Education in Mathematics, Science and Technology, 3(4), 313-321 (2015).
- Peggy Boylan-Ashraf, Steven A. Freeman, and Mack C. Shelley, “A Case for the Need of Using Scaffolding Methods in Teaching Introductory, Fundamental Engineering Mechanics Classes,” Journal of STEM Education, 17(1), 6-12 (2015).
- Claire E. Hruby, Michelle L. Soupir, Thomas B. Moorman, Mack C. Shelley, and Ramesh Kanwar, “Effects of tillage and poultry manure application rates on Salmonella and fecal indicator bacteria concentrations in tiles draining Des Moines Lobe soils,” Journal of Environmental Management, 171, 60-69 (2016). Doi: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2016.01.040
- Alison St Germain, Jean Anderson, Erin Bergquist, Janet S. Johonson, Tonya Krueger, Laurie Krizich, and Mack Shelley, “Predicting Success in a Dietetic Internship,” NDEP-Line, 11-17 (Fall, 2016).
- Mary Grace Villanueva, Mack Shelley, William J Therrien, and Brian Hand, “The Conceptualization and Development of the Practical Epistemology in Science Survey (PESS),” Research in Science Education—forthcoming.
- Marcia Laugerman, Diane Rover, Steve Mickelson, and Mack Shelley, “Student Success Drives an Effective Transfer Partnership in STEM,” Advances in Engineering Education—forthcoming.
- Jonathan L. Blitstein, James Hersey, Sheryl C. Cates, Katherine Kosa, Loren Bell, Valerie Long, Pamela A. Williams, Doris Montgomery, Mack Shelley, Christine Hradek, Sara Olson, and Anita Singh, “Adding a Social Marketing Campaign to a School-Based Nutrition Education Program Improves Children's Dietary Intake: A Quasi-experimental Study,” Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 116(8), 1285-1294 (August, 2016).
- Lindsay R. MacNab, Sarah L. Francis, Ingrid Lofgren, Catherine Violette, and Mack C. Shelley, “Factors influencing dietary intake frequencies and nutritional risk among community-residing older adults," Journal of Nutrition in Gerontology and Geriatrics—forthcoming.
- Peggy Boylan-Ashraf, Steven A. Freeman, Ozgur Keles, and Mack C. Shelley, “Can Students Flourish in Engineering Classrooms? Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research—forthcoming.
Area of Expertise:
PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, 1977
MS, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, 1973
BS, American University, Washington, DC, 1972