For support requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News: (Security Reminder) [Software Center (Windows) and Self Service (Mac) are only available to ISU owned computers.]
- 2018.05.23: Bitvise 7.42 is available from Software Center. Machines with previous Bitvise installed will automatically upgrade to this new version.
- MiKTeX 2.9.6643 is available from Software Center.
- MacTeX 20180417 is available from Self Service. MacTeX also includes TeXShop 4.01.
- 2018.05.16: PaperCut MF Client 18.1.3 is available from Software Center. The Jamf Pro server upgrade is completed and the Self Service is available now.
- 2018.05.10: The Self Service will not be available on 5/16 Wednesday (9am-5pm) due to server upgrade. A further notice will be announced after the server upgrade is completed.
- 2018.05.04: Box Drive 1.12.88 is available from Software Center.
- 2018.05.03: 7-Zip 18.05 is available from Software Center.
- 2018.05.02: Box for Office 4.3.1217.0 is available from Software Center.
- 2018.04.25: RStudio 1.1.447 is available from Self Service.
- R for Windows 3.5.0, RTools 3.5, and RStudio 1.1.447 are available from Software Center.
- Chrome Browser Extension - Windows Defender Browser Protection is enabled on all Windows machines. The Windows Defender Browser Protection extension helps protect you against online threats, such as links in phishing emails and websites designed to trick you into downloading and installing malicious software.
- 2018.04.20: Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application 4.4.0294 is available from Software Center. The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop (CCDA) enables faculty and staffs to install/update Adobe Creative Cloud products to their computers (up to 2 devices) directly from Adobe. The Adobe CCDA can also be downloaded and installed from Okta.
- 2018.04.16: Box Drive 1.11.98 is available from Software Center and Self Service.
- 2018.04.05: FileZilla 3.32.0 is available from Software Center and Self Service.
- 2018.04.03: Mathematica 11.3.0 is available from Software Center.
Archive News: IT Support Archive News
Looking for the U or T drives? Mapping Network Drives
Welcome to Statistics IT! We are located in 2123 Snedecor Hall.
We support several public access computing labs in both Snedecor and Gilman Halls, provide campus-wide assistance with statistical software, and general computing assistance for Statistics department personnel. For more information on a specific topic, see the pages linked below.
File downloads and installation instructions for SAS and JMP can be found here. Both installers are quite large so please make sure you are using the best connection you have access to.
Statistics IT maintains several RHEL and Windows servers in support of computing labs and research data processing. We are using the Slurm resource management system to balance job distribution across research servers. Information on Stat's specific implementation can be found on our Statistics Slurm page, while more general information and examples can be found on Slurm's website or the LAS Research IT site here: http://researchit.las.iastate.edu/slurm-basics
Connecting to ISU's VPN is necessary for off-campus access to many network resources. A guide for downloading and connecting via the recommended client is available from ITS here: https://www.it.iastate.edu/services/vpn
Several printers are available in Snedecor and Gilman Halls for general use. Printing for teaching purposes should be coordinated through Denise Riker.
Conference rooms and computer labs of many sizes can and should be reserved in advance. Calendars and a reservation form can be found at the link. When you are done with a room make sure the projector is turned off!
A small selection of laptops and tablets are available for reservation for teaching purposes.
Statistics department personnel have access to multiple HPC clusters at ISU for research processing purposes. Please contact email@example.com for more information or to have an account create for you. Once your account has been created, please "ssh <netid>@condo2017.its.iastate.edu" with your NetID and an email with be sent to you with further access instructions (or visit https://www.hpc.iastate.edu/guides/condo-2017/access-and-login). To reset Google Authenticator for Condo Users by visiting https://hpc-ga.its.iastate.edu/reset/.
Data Storage Space (LSS)
To back up your research data, the Research IT provides Large Scale Storage (LSS) research file storage service for faculty and staff. Detail information can be found from https://researchit.las.iastate.edu/large-scale-storage-lss.
Statistics maintains three computing labs in Snedecor Hall and one in Gilman Hall. Labs are available for public use whenever the buildings are open and a class in not in session. For more information on specific labs click the link above, and for reservation or scheduling use the Room Reservation system.
Incoming graduate students attend an orientation session led by departmental IT staff that familiarizes them with a variety of computing resources available to the department.
CyBox is the cloud space provided by ISU. You can find more information how to mount the CyBox storage space.
This shows the comparison of CyBox vs LSS (Large Scale Storage).
It is important to update your password regularly to protect your information and university data.