For support requests, contact email@example.com
Latest News: (Security Reminder) [Software Center (Windows) and Self Service (Mac) are only available to ISU owned computers.]
- 2018.03.21: Box Drive 1.10.71 is available both from Software Center and Self Service.
- 2018.03.20: A browser plugin "Bitdefender TrafficLight" is now installed to Firefox and Chrome browsers on ISU owned computers (Windows). This plugin will show a green checkbox in front of the web search results to let you recognize the site you are going to visit is a safe site or not. The plugin will be automatically enabled in Chrome browser. For Firefox browser, you will need to manually enable it.
- R - 3.4.4 for Mac is available from Self Service.
- R for Windows - 3.4.4, Git for Windows - 2.16.2, Git Extensions - 2.51, and KDiff3 - 0.9.98 are available from Software Center.
- Skype 188.8.131.52 (Windows 7/8) and Skype 12.1807.264.0 (Windows 10) are available from Software Center.
- Box Drive 1.8.57 are available from Software Center and Self Service.
- Skype 184.108.40.206 (Skype Classic) and RStudio 1.1.423 are available from Software Center (Windows).
- RStudio 1.1.423 is available from Self Service (Mac).
- 2018.02.22: Starting March 1, 2018, All ISU users are required to use Okta to access most ISU applications. Learn more! Join Darin Dugan, ITS Manager/Okta Lead, and me on Thursday at 3:10 – 4:00 PM in Curtiss 127 (Main Lecture Hall). Or participate via Zoom. To join, click this URL to start or join. https://iastate.zoom.us/j/858905126 or https://iastate.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID: 858 905 126. More information can be found in OKTA link.
- 2018.02.21: Research Server Updates/Maintenance - 2018.02.21 9AM - Duration 4 hours - This includes Smaster and Condo Cluster/Servers
- 2018.02.07: Research IT changes RISA to Spack. Check here for more information.
- Bitvise SSH Client 7.39 can be installed from Software Center (Windows).
- VcXsrv 220.127.116.11 (X-Windows) can be installed from Software Center (Windows).
- Box Drive 1.5.233 is available to install from Software Center (Windows) and Self Service (Mac).
Archive News: IT Support Archive News
Looking for the U or T drives? Mapping Network Drives
Welcome to Statistics IT! We are located in 2123 Snedecor Hall.
We support several public access computing labs in both Snedecor and Gilman Halls, provide campus-wide assistance with statistical software, and general computing assistance for Statistics department personnel. For more information on a specific topic, see the pages linked below.
File downloads and installation instructions for SAS and JMP can be found here. Both installers are quite large so please make sure you are using the best connection you have access to.
Statistics IT maintains several RHEL and Windows servers in support of computing labs and research data processing. We are using the Slurm resource management system to balance job distribution across research servers. Information on Stat's specific implementation can be found on our Statistics Slurm page, while more general information and examples can be found on Slurm's website or the LAS Research IT site here: http://researchit.las.iastate.edu/slurm-basics
Connecting to ISU's VPN is necessary for off-campus access to many network resources. A guide for downloading and connecting via the recommended client is available from ITS here: https://www.it.iastate.edu/howtos/vpn
Several printers are available in Snedecor and Gilman Halls for general use. Printing for teaching purposes should be coordinated through Denise Riker.
Conference rooms and computer labs of many sizes can and should be reserved in advance. Calendars and a reservation form can be found at the link. When you are done with a room make sure the projector is turned off!
A small selection of laptops and tablets are available for reservation for teaching purposes.
Statistics department personnel have access to multiple HPC clusters at ISU for research processing purposes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to have an account create for you. To reset Google Authenticator for Condo Users by visiting https://hpc-ga.its.iastate.edu/reset/.
Data Storage Space (LSS)
To back up your research data, the Research IT provides Large Scale Storage (LSS) research file storage service for faculty and staff. Detail information can be found from https://researchit.las.iastate.edu/large-scale-storage-lss.
Statistics maintains three computing labs in Snedecor Hall and one in Gilman Hall. Labs are available for public use whenever the buildings are open and a class in not in session. For more information on specific labs click the link above, and for reservation or scheduling use the Room Reservation system.
Incoming graduate students attend an orientation session led by departmental IT staff that familiarizes them with a variety of computing resources available to the department.
CyBox is the cloud space provided by ISU. You can find more information how to mount the CyBox storage space.
This shows the comparison of CyBox vs LSS (Large Scale Storage).
It is important to update your password regularly to protect your information and university data.