For support requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News: (Security Reminder)
- 2018.01.16: Mathematica 11.2.0 Network installation is available on Software Center.
- 2018.01.12: A general security reminder page was created.
- 2018.01.05: Steps to enroll students in a canvas course and publish the course to students by click here.
- 2018.01.03: If the TeXnicCenter output profile is not working after upgrading to new Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, please follow this link, https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/250472/texniccenter-adobe-reader-dc, to resolve the issue. You may also require to install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from Software Center.
- 2017.12.20: Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 - 15.6.30394 update is available from Software Center (Windows). Current Adobe Acrobat DC users will automatically receive this update.
- 2017.12.14: CyBox vs LSS comparison.
- 2017.12.13: If you need data storage space for your research data, the Research IT provides LSS service for faculty and staff. Detail information can be found from https://researchit.las.iastate.edu/large-scale-storage-lss.
- 2017.12.08: R-3.4.3 is available from Self Service (Mac) or can be downloaded from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/.
- 2017.12.06: R-3.4.3 is available from Software Center (Windows) or can be downloaded from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/.
- 2017.12.02 (revised on 2018.1.2): Adobe Acrobat Pro license update: (for ISU owned computers)
For Windows users: (if you already use Adobe Acrobat DC, please skip step #2 and proceed to step #3.)
- Open “Software Center” from “Start->All Programs->Microsoft System Center” (Windows 7) or “Start->Microsoft System Center” (Windows 10)
- In the “Applications” tab, select “Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 Classic – 15.6.30394” and then click “Install”. This will upgrade your current Adobe Acrobat XI Pro to Adobe Acrobat DC. Wait until the installation is finished then following the #3 instruction below.
- In the “Applications” tab, select “Adobe Creative Cloud Serialization Tool – Reserialize Creative Cloud” and the click “Install”.
- Your Adobe Acrobat Pro is now upgraded to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro with newer license #.
For Mac uses: (if you already use Adobe Acrobat DC, please skip step #2 & #3 and then proceed to step #4.)
- Open “Self Service” from “/Applications” or “Launchpad”
- Search “Acrobat Pro DC” and you will see “Adobe ETLA – Acrobat Pro DC 17.012.20093_Install for 10.9+”
- Click “INSTALL” to install the newer version of Acrobat Pro DC
- After the installation, click the “Featured” category from Self Service and then click “UPDATE” on “Reserialize Adobe Creative Cloud”.
- This will apply the new license to the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Archive News: IT Support Archive News
Looking for the U or T drives? Mapping Network Drives
Welcome to Statistics IT! We are located in 2123 Snedecor Hall.
We support several public access computing labs in both Snedecor and Gilman Halls, provide campus-wide assistance with statistical software, and general computing assistance for Statistics department personnel. For more information on a specific topic, see the pages linked below.
File downloads and installation instructions for SAS and JMP can be found here. Both installers are quite large so please make sure you are using the best connection you have access to.
Statistics IT maintains several RHEL and Windows servers in support of computing labs and research data processing. We are using the Slurm resource management system to balance job distribution across research servers. Information on Stat's specific implementation can be found on our Statistics Slurm page, while more general information and examples can be found on Slurm's website or the LAS Research IT site here: http://researchit.las.iastate.edu/slurm-basics
Connecting to ISU's VPN is necessary for off-campus access to many network resources. A guide for downloading and connecting via the recommended client is available from ITS here: https://www.it.iastate.edu/howtos/vpn
Several printers are available in Snedecor and Gilman Halls for general use. Printing for teaching purposes should be coordinated through Denise Riker.
Conference rooms and computer labs of many sizes can and should be reserved in advance. Calendars and a reservation form can be found at the link. When you are done with a room make sure the projector is turned off!
A small selection of laptops and tablets are available for reservation for teaching purposes.
Statistics department personnel have access to multiple HPC clusters at ISU for research processing purposes. Please contact email@example.com for more information or to have an account create for you. To reset Google Authenticator for Condo Users by visiting https://hpc-ga.its.iastate.edu/reset/.
Data Storage Space (LSS)
To back up your research data, the Research IT provides Large Scale Storage (LSS) research file storage service for faculty and staff. Detail information can be found from https://researchit.las.iastate.edu/large-scale-storage-lss.
Statistics maintains three computing labs in Snedecor Hall and one in Gilman Hall. Labs are available for public use whenever the buildings are open and a class in not in session. For more information on specific labs click the link above, and for reservation or scheduling use the Room Reservation system.
Incoming graduate students attend an orientation session led by departmental IT staff that familiarizes them with a variety of computing resources available to the department.
CyBox is the cloud space provided by ISU. You can find more information how to mount the CyBox storage space.
This shows the comparison of CyBox vs LSS (Large Scale Storage).
It is important to update your password regularly to protect your information and university data.