For support requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2017.11.15: Canvas Update:
- Blackboard access ends on January 5, 2018.
- Equations created by Blackboard's built-in equation editor may not have imported properly into Canvas.
- Options to transfer equations appropriately to Canvas:
- Submit requests by November 22 by noon via Extensive Equation Course Rebuild Request web form.
- Export a Blackboard quiz that contains equations as a QTI file, see Export/Import Quizzes and Files from Past Enrollment Courses web guide.
- Use LaTex to copy and paste equations from LaTex into Canvas, see Math Equation Instructinos for Canvas webpage.
- Use MathType to migrate materials from Blackboard into Canvas, see Math Equation Instructinos for Canvas webpage.
- Training and Tutorials: visit the MyCanvas Teacher at ISU website.
- 24/7 Canvas Support: Canvas offers 24/7 support options listed in the ? Help icon on the Global Navigation to the far left or call the Canvas Support Line (which includes how-to assistance) call 515-294-4000 then press 2, press 1.
- 2017.11.10: If you received "Adobe Creative Cloud license will be expired on Nov. 30", please run Adobe Serialization Tool from
- Windows: "Adobe Creative Cloud Serialization Tool - Reserialize Creative Cloud" from "Software Center"
- Mac: "Reserialize Adobe Creative Cloud" from "Self Service".
- 2017.11.09: JMP 13.2.1 is available from "Software Center" (Windows). JMP 13.2 is available from "Self Service" (Mac).
- 2017.11.07: SAS 9.4 TS1M5 and JMP 12.2 are available from "Software Center" (Windows).
- 2017.10.31: R-3.4.2, MacTeX 2017, and TeXShop 3.88 are available from "Self Service" (Mac).
- 2017.10.12: MatLab R2017b, R-3.4.2, and RStudio-1.1.383 are available from "Software Center" (Windows).
Archive News: IT Support Archive News
Looking for the U or T drives? Mapping Network Drives
Welcome to Statistics IT! We are located in 2123 Snedecor Hall.
We support several public access computing labs in both Snedecor and Gilman Halls, provide campus-wide assistance with statistical software, and general computing assistance for Statistics department personnel. For more information on a specific topic, see the pages linked below.
File downloads and installation instructions for SAS and JMP can be found here. Both installers are quite large so please make sure you are using the best connection you have access to.
Statistics IT maintains several RHEL and Windows servers in support of computing labs and research data processing. We are using the Slurm resource management system to balance job distribution across research servers. Information on Stat's specific implementation can be found on our Statistics Slurm page, while more general information and examples can be found on Slurm's website or the LAS Research IT site here: http://researchit.las.iastate.edu/slurm-basics
Connecting to ISU's VPN is necessary for off-campus access to many network resources. A guide for downloading and connecting via the recommended client is available from ITS here: https://www.it.iastate.edu/howtos/vpn
Several printers are available in Snedecor and Gilman Halls for general use. Printing for teaching purposes should be coordinated through Denise Riker.
Conference rooms and computer labs of many sizes can and should be reserved in advance. Calendars and a reservation form can be found at the link. When you are done with a room make sure the projector is turned off!
A small selection of laptops and tablets are available for reservation for teaching purposes.
Statistics department personnel have access to multiple HPC clusters at ISU for research processing purposes. Please contact email@example.com for more information or to have an account created for you.
Statistics maintains three computing labs in Snedecor Hall and one in Gilman Hall. Labs are available for public use whenever the buildings are open and a class in not in session. For more information on specific labs click the link above, and for reservation or scheduling use the Room Reservation system.
Incoming graduate students attend an orientation session led by departmental IT staff that familiarizes them with a variety of computing resources available to the department.
CyBox is the cloud space provided by ISU. You can find more information how to mount the CyBox storage space.
It is important to update your password regularly to protect your information and university data.