NOTE: If you are connecting to our servers from off campus you will need the ISU VPN client. Instructions can be found here.
- The Remote Desktop Client (RDC) can be found here: All Programs->Accesories->Remote Desktop Connection
- When you start the Remote Desktop Client you will see this:
- Let’s configure the client now:
- Enter sas.stat.iastate.edu into the Computer field.
- Enter IASTATE\YOUR NET_ID_GOES_HERE into the “User Name” field (Replace YOUR_NET_GOES_HERE with your ISU netid).
- Check the “Allow me to save credentials” box if this is a personal machine.
- Click the Display tab on the RDC
- Make your RDC Display tab look like this one
- Click on the Local Resources tab and make sure that the window looks like the one below
- Click on the More button at the bottom of the Local Resources tab
- Check the boxes we have listed in the screenshots below. This will allow the C: drive of your local machine and any USB drives you plug in locally to be available when connected to the Terminal Server.
- Click Okay, then click on the Experience tab. Pick the option from the drop-down that matches your internet speed. If you aren’t sure, leave it on ‘detect automatically’.
- You shouldn’t need to change any options on the Advanced tab.
- Go back to the General tab and click “Save As” and save it on your Desktop with a file name of SAS. Now you can double click on the Desktop icon in the future and you should be logged in.
- Now just click the “Connect” button, enter your ISU password and then click the “Remember my credentials” button
- Happy computing!
For issues with the Remote Desktop connection please contact Statistics IT at stat-tech AT iastate.edu
For issues with ISU’s VPN client, please contact the Solution Center